Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Talk to ME

I emailed information on an account to a company underwriter. It was precise, concise, and informative. My name, address, phone number, fax number, and email address were included in my email signature. The male underwriter responded…..to my boss. My male boss. What the hell? If I have sent you something, reply to ME. If you have a question on my email, speak to ME. If your question is something only my boss can answer, I will forward it to him. All you have accomplished with this maneuver is pissing me off and moving yourself to the top of my “Dickhead” list. You have just shot yourself in the foot because I am not inclined to send any more accounts your way.
This is not a work bashing comment. My rant applies to anyone who doesn’t reply directly to the person who asks the question: doctors who share medical results or information with family members other than the patient directly and sales people or customer service people who circumvent  the client with the issue. Yes, there are times when I have neither the time nor desire to deal with a particular topic and I will tell you, “Please discuss that with my husband.” Otherwise, please afford me the common and/or professional courtesy I deserve just for reaching out to you in the first place.

No comments: