Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Wowie Walmart

Walmart gets a bad rap. I laugh just like everyone else when those "People of Walmart" posts circle around but I still go to Walmart to shop for lots of things (even though we live just a few blocks from the Publix where my husband works). We actually have three Walmarts in my town. I especially like the Neighborhood Grocery Walmart not far from home that sometimes feels like my own secret store. It's further away from the main drags and doesn't ever seem to be super busy. How many times on Christmas or Thanksgiving, when most stores are closed, have I said "Oh, no, I need brown sugar!" Or olives. Or cranberry sauce. Or butter. And my husband makes a Walmart run to get whatever we need.

My little Walmart has been undergoing some renovations over the past few months. Aisles were blocked off,  grocery items were moved from their usual places, and there were pallets and plastic tarps and ladders strewn about the store.

We did a little Walmart shopping over the weekend, and oh my goodness, what a transformation! It is beautiful. Everything has been rearranged, but the carriages now include a store map. The shelves and coolers all look shiny and brand new. There are Holiday decorations at all the registers. Even the floor has been resurfaced.


The reflections of the ceiling lights are so bright that it looks like underground lighting. I can't wait to go back here again when I have more time to wander around.

Way to go, Walmart! 

No comments: