Friday, October 9, 2015

Twinnie Time

They say everyone has a doppelganger somewhere in the world. I recall many years ago going to the Circus in Sea Girt NJ with my friend Carroll and in the bleachers across the tent I saw a girl who looked just like me!  Of course, I lost her in the crowd after the tent emptied out. Not that I would have said anything. I think I was 14 or 15 years old at the time. I think I just wanted to get up close to her and see if we really were that similar looking.

This week I met up with a friend of mine visiting Florida from NJ and we spent some time standing in the waves at Lido Beach, near Sarasota. I noticed some girls sitting on the beach and I swear one of them looked just like my daughter Alyssa. In my usual creepy manner, I staged a fake photograph. I asked my friend Sandy to stand between Beach Girl and me, and then I took a shot of the girl behind her. It wasn't really close up so I didn't get her facial features.

 
I showed it to Alyssa when I got home and of course she scoffed at the suggestion that the beach girl was her twin. When I showed it to other family members, they said "Oh, yeah, the hair!"
 
So I guess Beach Girl and Alyssa's hair are twins. 

No comments: