Thursday, September 25, 2014

Jeepers Creepers

We came home this evening after dinner and as I glanced through the mail, I noticed a brochure from Danbury Mint, publicizing a "dazzling" diamond pendant for only $99, so affordable in three monthly installments. I was about to toss it when I noticed something that totally creeped me out. The front, back, inner two panels, order form, and inserted sales pitch letter all had a sample engraving on the back of the pendant: "Terri, I Love You, Ronald".


I guess the Danbury Mint thinks this is an appealing way to draw buyers in but I found the personalization invasive. I showed it to Ron and he immediately said "that's creepy".

Hey Danbury Mint, are you stalking us? Are you parked down the street watching us? Peering in our windows in the middle of the night? Rifling through our mail?  Even if you just bought our information from some other mailing company, I don't like it!


1 comment:

Deb said...

Ummm, yeah that's CAreePy!!