Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Father's Day 2011



Father’s Day weekend gave us beautiful, hot sunny Florida weather. A few thunderstorms rumbled in the distance but didn’t come close to us.  Alyssa and I spent the afternoon in the pool. Alyssa thought our gray cat Rocky might like to go in the pool also, so she plucked him from his cement sunbath & walked him about in the water. He wasn’t thrilled, but at least he didn’t leave claw gouges in her neck trying to get away.



Ron had to work early but he was home at 3pm. He joined us in the pool for a while and then we ordered takeout from Rib City. It was a relief just to have a definite menu and place, as Ron had been giving us a lot of “I don’t know, I can’t decide, but I’m not cooking”.  There was so much food left over that we had the same thing for dinner again on Monday!



Alyssa gave Ron this card from one of my Stampin’ Up classes, designed by my dear friend Debbie.



I gave him this card. The paper is Stampin’ Up True Thyme (retired), Kiwi Kiss (retired), and Very Vanilla. The tree is from SU “Lovely as a Tree”, stamped in True Thyme, then re-stamped with Versamark  and embossed with clear powder. The sentiment, from SU “Word Play”, and the distressing were done with Stazon Timber Brown. The ribbon is from Imaginisce “Ribbon & Blooms”, and the finishing touch is a leaf from the Tattered Angels Glimmer Glass Nature collection.


Oh yes, and Josh actually did call Ron 5 or 6 times on Father's Day....of course, it was to ask for money. He never mentioned Father's Day. Guess some things never change!

1 comment:

Mary Ellen said...

Father's Day isn't my best holiday :) but it sounds like you guys had a very nice one. We like Rib City, too. Now you have me thinking about ribs... The cards are beautiful as always.