Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Not Quite Chicken Soup

Sometime in the past I tried new recipes using Ditalini pasta, bow ties, and barley. No, not in the same recipe. Now I've got opened boxes of pasta and a partially used bag of barley in my pantry. I hate that. The last time I organized the pantry, I took out the opened items and left them on the counter, hoping that would inspire me to throw them into something. Of course that idea didn't work and I just kept moving them around on the counter when I cleaned. Then I happened to look at the box of Ditalini and lo and behold, there was a recipe on the back that used BOTH Ditalini and barley. So I made soup.
 
It was really quite good!  It also had potatoes in it. It looked like Chicken Noodle Soup but of course it didn't have that oily slick that Chicken Noodle Soup has that prevents me from eating it because I find it so gross. I thought it would be perfect for my vegetarian daughter, and healthy for my son the personal trainer. I had two and a half quarts of soup left after we tried it. And then we looked at it in the refrigerator for a week before I threw it away.
 
Sigh.
 
 

No comments: